There are many questions and points of view as to the usefulness of Booties for Babies. Many people think booties or shoes are bad for babies and other’s think they are quite harmless when done in moderation. In this article, we are going to discuss this topic
- Kids also learn about their surroundings by feeling different textures with their feet. Like a baby can learn the difference between surfaces in the home such as the difference between the carpet, tiles, hardwood floors, grass etc. This contributes to the development of their sensory abilities.
- Babies feet are small and fragile and will get stronger as they grow bigger and learn to walk. If a babies shoe is too tight, it will hinder the feet muscles from growing and forming properly.
- Walking barefoot is good for kids because it strengthens their feet muscles and enables the kids to learn balance and stability while standing, walking, and running.
- There are situations where you need to cover your baby’s feet, like during winter, when it’s cold, if you’re going out, or if you’re in rough terrain. In this case, you can put on a pair of booties for babies on your kid. If you are strongly against shoes for your baby then a pair of socks will do. Just make sure you provide protection and warmth to your baby’s feet.
- If you decide to get booties for babies for your kids, make sure you get ones that are flat, breathable, flexible, and made with soft material.
Types of Shoes for Children
Pre-Walking Booties for Babies
Pre-walking shoes are there to provide warmth and comfort to a baby’s feet and they are also there for fashion purposes. They are usually made of soft cloth or very soft materials. They should be shaped like the baby’s feet and should wrap around it easily and comfortably.
Shoes made specifically for toddlers provide more feet security and have a more rigid structure that pre-walking shoes. Toddler shows should be able to support to the toddler as they learn to walk, run, and jump. Toddlers can still go barefoot in secure areas like indoors or in a manicured yard.
School shoes are shoes made specifically for everyday use. They should have proper shock absorption, strong soles, and should provide support. There are different kinds of school shoes. Some schools have specific requirements like color or style while others don’t. SHoes like loafers, sneakers, mary janes, sandals etc can all serve as school shoes. School shoes should be breathable, flexible, and have enough room for growth. They shouldn’t be too big or too small.
When kids get to the age when they start to participate in sports, it is important that they have the right shoes for each sporting activity. There are sports shoes that can be used for more than one sporting activity, but of a child is play one particular sport like football or tennis regularly, then they should wear the right shoes for that sport. Kids should not play sports wearing flip-flops or sandals, if the right show is not available then going barefoot is a better option.
The Components of Booties for Babies
- A good pair of booties for babies should have the following:
- The shoes should be lightweight and flexible so they support the natural movement of the feet without providing any hindrance
- The shoes should be made of breathable materials like breathable leather so the baby’s feet can breathe and get air
- The soles of shoes should be able to provide contraction to prevent babies from slipping when they walk
- Shoes should never be tight or stiff as this could lead to deformity in the feet
- Shoes should have good shock absorption
The Different Parts of a Shoe
A shoe typically has four parts: the upper part, the insole, the outer sole, and the heel.
- The upper part of the shoe is made up of the main material such as leather, cloth, or mesh. The upper part should always be made of breathable materials like breathable leather or faux leather so air flows into the shoes and the feet can breathe.
- The insole provides arch support which is specifically necessary for kids. Most insoles are padded.
- The outer sole of the shoe provides traction, shock absorption, and cushioning to the shoe. Flat outer soles make it easier for kids to begin walking.
- The heel does not have to be part of all shoes especially shoes for toddlers. Older kids shoes can have them but they should not be more than one inch high. If kids wear shoes with heels, it can cause cramping in the toes. Even this is a problem for adults who wear heels all the time.